The burglary rate shows that robberies, theft, house break-ins, and other types of property invasion are widespread not only in poorer countries but in developed countries with stable security institutions. What are the most helpful and accessible steps to protect a property from illegal invasions?
According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the burglary rate (number of burglaries per 100,000 population) in selected countries worldwide in 2018 was:
- United States: 467.0
- United Kingdom: 437.3
- Australia: 335.5
- Canada: 217.6
- Germany: 136.5
- France: 107.6
The latest statistics show that the burglary rate in the USA in 2019 decreased by 9.5 percent compared with 2018 data. According to the Uniform Crime Reporting Program, victims of burglary offences suffered an estimated $3.0 billion in property losses in 2019. The average dollar loss per burglary offence was $2,661.
GLOBAL BURGLARY RATE
Let’s compare this data with the global burglary rate using the latest available statistics to get a better overview. According to Statistica, in 2020, New Zealand had the highest burglary rate worldwide, with 1,353.6 occurrences per 100,000 inhabitants. Other countries with the highest burglary rate were Chile, Denmark, Sweden, the UK, Australia, and Austria. Interestingly, European countries lead the rating.
SECURE YOUR PROPERTY
However, you can take a few basic steps to reduce the risk of burglary.
- Get to know your neighbours: Knowing your neighbours and building a sense of community might be a helpful deterrent against crime, as neighbours can watch out for each other and report any suspicious activity to the authorities.
- Be mindful of social media: Avoid advertising your vacation plans or posting pictures of expensive purchases on social media – this can tip off burglars that your home is unoccupied or contains valuable items.
- Secure your home: the last but the most effective step on how not to become a victim of a burglary. Of course, this method might be expensive and complicated, especially for people who own multiple properties. Here is an ultimate tip for those who are tired of intricate overpriced security systems. Download the ZoomOn: Home Security app to protect yourself and your loved ones from invasions into your private properties.
WHY ZOOMON APP IS THE PERFECT OPTION
ZoomOn is the first intelligent home security app that allows owners to monitor their homes using multiple devices, such as smartphones (iOS or Android), tablets, or cameras ( HomeKit, ONVIF or other types of IP cameras).
The best thing about ZoomOn is that you don’t have to buy additional devices to monitor your property. With only one subscription, you can watch after your house on numerous mobile devices.
Get intelligent notifications about suspicious activity and monitor your home anywhere thanks to motion and sound detection function and unlimited reach. The app uses developed technologies to detect any suspicious movement or sound in your apartment; you will be automatically notified if something has triggered the motion sensor in your house. The app will notify you in case of any possible problems, such as a low battery, unstable internet connection, or disconnection.
How to use the ZoomOn Home Security app
- Download the app on your two devices (Android or iOS).
- Generate the code on the first device. Enter the code from the first device on your second device.
- Start monitoring your home.
More than this, you can try the app for free with the free three-day trial. Once satisfied with the app, you can purchase a monthly, yearly, or lifetime subscription.
- Popular Citizenship By Investment Programs 2023 - April 1, 2023
- Binance CEO’s Enigmatic Tweet: As ‘FUD’ Looms, TMS Network (TMSN) Stands Strong with 1400% Gains, Rivaling Cardano (ADA) and Solana (SOL) - April 1, 2023
- Lost Boys Agency Launches Lost Boys Community, Empowering OnlyFans Creators with Full Creative Control and 100% Income Retention - March 31, 2023
- Former Oracle Senior Executive, Jumps into the AI Space with New Profitability Tool, ‘ProfitEdge’- Projected at $1M+ ARR - March 31, 2023
- The 6 Best Vanilla Amber Perfumes You’ll Love - March 31, 2023